|ABOUT THE ARTIST
- Bonnie Vierthaler is an artist, educator, mother, and founder of The BADvertising Institute
- She has a Master of Fine Arts Degree and a BS in Art Education.
Her work has been seen on national television, billboards, and featured in newspapers and magazines from Portland, Oregon to Portland, Maine.
- Her art hangs on the wall in all fifty states, and in such far away places as China, England, France, Sweden, Russia, Brazil, India, South Korea, and Bangladesh.
- Her work has been featured in The American Medical News, the Encyclopedia Britannica Medical Update, and numerous text books.
- She's listed in Who's Who in American Art and Who's Who in the World.
- She's been honored with The Giraffe Award, presented internationally to people who stick their necks out in the public interest.
- Her award-winning BADvertising web site is often listed first in Tobacco Advertising and Counter-Advertising on Google, Yahoo, MSN, and AOL.
- Her BADvertising programs at the 10th World Conference on Tobacco or Health in Beijing, China were enthusiastically received and prompted her move to China.
- By teaching Spoken English and lecturing in Chinese Universities, Junior Highs and High Schools, she has reached thousands of Chinese students with her BADvertising message. (teachers and administrators, as well)
- Students at Xiamen University are carrying her work forward with a new association called Green Breathing.
- Her BADvertising work has been featured in numerous Chinese newspapers and TV programs. Green Breathing has received international recognition.
- She's a former smoker
- With a sense of mission accomplished, she has recently returned to her life's mission of bringing beauty and light into the world